We Proudly Serve the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

How To Change The Support Order After A Divorce Is Final

When you get a divorce in Texas, most of the time there will be children involved. While property division due to a divorce is not able to be changed after the divorce is final, custody and support can be adjusted to better meet the needs of the child. Having legal representation who know the laws listed in the Texas Family Code can be valuable.

The Setzer Law Firm PLLC can give you a level of comfort if you need to change the type of support that your child is receiving. Perhaps circumstances have changed for one or both of you and the level that seemed right before is different now. If your child is older, things definitely get more expensive.

In order to get the support order modified you have to file a request with the court of Texas to change it. Once you realize that you need to alter the amount that is being supplied for your child’s needs, you need to go ahead and file right away because the state of Texas does not let you file retroactively.

Some of the ways that we can help are in interpreting the statutes for you. For instance, you will need to be able to show documentation that the support order is no longer viable and why this is so. Showing that the child is involved in expensive after-school activities is one way. Showing that your spouse has a new job with higher pay is another.

We have years of experience in dealing with child support issues. We can help with your request and see you through the entire process. We will carefully listen to your story and tell you what your options are. We will assist you every step of the way.

Contact Us Today

Get In Touch

Principal Office

1109 Cheek-Sparger Rd, Suite 150
Colleyville, TX 76034

Phone : 817-767-1865

© 2023 by Setzer Law Firm. All rights reserved. Disclaimer | Site Map | Privacy Policy